What I Watched on TV in March

 The other night, I dreamt about watching TV. It was so detailed that when I woke up I got on IMDb to make sure I didn't just see a preview somewhere and replayed it in my mind. I even dreamed about blogging it. It was about a young boy in Louisiana who did ballet. No one made fun of him for dancing like other shows have, it was just a very normal thing. He and his friends all went to ballet competitions, and of course they had family drama. A lot of it was about the kids. The later seasons jumped forward and they were in England dancing professionally. It was called "Everything is Gonna Be Alright."

Here's what I actually watched on TV, and not just my getting used to new anxiety medication weird dreams. 


The Falcon and the Winter Soldier -
I love Bucky and Sam's rapport and I didn't realize how much I missed this. It had a good start, but the second episode was when it really got going and it made me laugh so hard. I'm very grateful for these Marvel TV shows to tide us over while we wait for theaters to be safe again.


The Great -
I had Hulu temporarily and decided to check this show out after hearing so many people talk about it. I was not expecting it to be so funny and raunchy. Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult are amazing in this. I'll definitely check out the second season when I get Hulu back again.


Attack on Titan -
By the time this is posted, I'm sure spoilers of the manga's last chapter will hit the internet. It's pretty bittersweet. As for the show, I'm loving seeing these chaptered animated. Levi's second fight with Zeke was as epic as I hoped it would be, and I liked seeing that final talk Eren, Armin and Mikasa have animated. 


Allen v Farrow -
Most documentaries about known cases like this have some time of "smoking gun" and I was wondering what this was going to be. Turns out, it was the train set. The train set Dylan said she was playing with as she was being assaulted, and the one her brother Moses denied ever having. It showed multiple police reports and therapy sessions with Dylan mentioning it. I really hope those actors that came to Allen's defense rethink their stance after seeing this. They should have already, but with this out there I hope they get that pressure again. Looking at you, Scarlett Johansson.

Comments

  1. I'm one episode behind on Falcon and the Winter Soldier but oh, that second episode was brilliant. The couples therapy scene was so funny I had to rewind it and watch it again straight away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved the 3rd episode even more. I hope you enjoy it too.

      Delete
  2. I love The Falcon and the Winter Soldier already as that third episode was great. Plus, Zemo is fucking cool. Next to Thanos, he's the best villain of the MCU. Mainly because he's just pimpin' and who knew he's a good dancer.

    I'd rather be him than.... Party City Cap. I hate that guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zemo was fantastic! I wasn't expecting them to go in that direction with him so it was so much fun.

      "Do you know who I am?!" Steve would never.

      Delete
    2. "No and I don't care!" I hope Walker gets a massive beatdown from Sam, Bucky, Sharon, and everyone who knew Cap, had people associated with Cap, and had some kind of connection with Cap such as that waitress in The Avengers. Not since Dolores Umbridge have I hated a character more than anything.

      Delete
    3. Wyatt Russell is doing a great job with him. It's pretty bold to accept a role that you know everyone is going to hate immediately. lol

      Delete
  3. So, turns out the second season of "Everything is Gonna be Alright' is even better than the first...wait, what?

    Sorry, but that's fantastic that you are even dreaming of detailed show arcs, because you are an absolute machine with watching and reviewing all things tv. So great.

    As for these shows, my wife and I weren't all that excited to return to Falcon and WS (she was obsessed with WandaVision), but I will definitely double back.

    We have Hulu, so I might swing by The Great. Movie watching has pretty much stopped entirely, so a new show is always a welcome thing - thanks for the heads up.

    Fantastic as always, Brittani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God, I've been having the weirdest dreams lately. Sometimes I wake up exhausted because wtf is my brain doing.

      The Great is hilarious. I did not expect that show to be like that at all, I hope you both like it. I'm so happy your wife loved Wandavision!

      Delete
  4. Loving The Falcon and The Winter Soldier so far. The first two episodes are my favorites so far. I can't believe it's going to be over in a few weeks after such a long wait.

    My sister loves The Great but I couldn't get into it. Nicholas is amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Mackie and Stan have wonderful chemistry together. This 6 weeks is going to go by so fast.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum