Top 15 Films of 2021

Yes, it's March and here I am doing my Top 10 15 of 2021. There were still a few films I really wanted to see before I made this list, so that contributed to its lateness. I also wanted to do something slightly different. With last year's weird Oscar cut off. I ended up putting out my list in January because it felt weird waiting until MARCH for the Oscar cut off. And because of that, 5 films that would've easily made my Top 10 were released between January and March and it felt wrong not to include them anywhere. So since they were *technically* 2021 theatrical releases in my region. I've decided to include them here. I'm calling them "holdovers." 

Top 5 2021 "Holdovers"








Top 10 2021 Films
















Honorable Mentions: Flee, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, The Green Knight,  The Tragedy of Macbeth, Passing.


Comments

  1. Good stuff and lots of movies mentioned that I really like. And look at this way, you still beat the Academy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad list. I've seen some of your picks. I'm hoping to catch up on some 2021 releases before the Oscars (though I'm now very likely to not watch it since they won't present all of the categories which is fucking bullshit). So far, Dune and The Power of the Dog are still in my top 3.

    Sam Elliot can eat shit over his opinion of The Power of the Dog. He's just jealous that all of those men in the film are prettier than him. Even Jesse Plemons is far more attractive than Sam Elliot. I think he's extremely handsome. Kirsten Dunst is a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elliot can kick rocks. What a stupid opinion lol. Dune, The Power of the Dog, and Nine Days are easily my top 3.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see Spencer make the cut. I felt that while most people acknowledge Kristen Stewart's performance was outstanding, not nearly as many seem to be of the opinion that the film as a whole even beyond just her performance is great as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really respect it. Especially for showing the messy side of Diana that a lot of people want to ignore, even though it made her human.

      Delete
  4. I have seen Spencer and applaud her performance especially that it showed her in one of the worst times-bulimic and close to suicide. I also liked that they showed how William was there for her. I just found it irritating including the music. I want to see the others...hopefully before the Oscars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked how they portrayed William too. Now that Harry is fucking off to California it really shows his maturity. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum