What I Watched on TV in February

The Olympics took up a lot of my TV time in February but I still managed to catch a few weekly series, and even binge one in a few days. Here's what was playing on the small screen at House Rambling


The Book of Boba Fett -
So this took a swerve into being The Book of the Mandalorian, but it was still a good show overall and I enjoyed how it was wrapped up. I know there were a lot of complaints about how uneven the story was, but it was all good TV to me.  


Servant -
I've cancelled Apple TV again and don't plan on getting it back until the next season of Ted Lasso drops, so thankfully I won't have to watch this stupid show week to week. Yes, I'm somehow still invested even though the show is full of dummies. 


Peacemaker -
Vigilante is the easy MVP of the season. This show is unapologetically stupid and I love every minute of it. I'm glad there's going to be a second season


Pam and Tommy -
It's eerie how much Lily James looks like Pamela Anderson in this show. As of me writing this, only 6 episodes have been released, and at first I wondered how they were going to stretch this story into 8 episodes at all, but now I get it. It's very watchable and all the actors are wonderful. Plus, Tommy Lee talking to his penis, and his penis talking back was certainly an interesting piece of filmmaking.


Inventing Anna -
The Anna Delvy case has always fascinated me and when I heard Netflix through her some money and got the wonderful Julia Garner to play her, I knew I was in. I binged this in about 2 days. It was juicy. Garner was great, and the supporting cast was fun with the exception of the woman playing Rachel


Euphoria -
And now onto this wild ride. I've come to accept that Euphoria exists in a universe where there are absolutely no teachers or responsible adults apart from Ali and Rue's mom. This season came to a conclusion with Lexi's (massive budget) play. It was an amusing disaster, but it didn't resolve much. From Rue's narration, it's safe to say next season, which won't come out until 2024 is going to feature a time jump. Maybe the Euphoria kids won't even be in high school next time we see them. Cassie, Maddy, Kat and Nate definitely won't be. Arguably, only Nate, Cassie, and Maddy's stories resolved in the finale. Rue still has Lori's threat looming over her (right? Or did they drop that?) Lexi and Fezco will need some resolution. I think the finale fails a bit harder knowing the next season is 2 years away. They teased to much.

Comments

  1. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pamela and Tommy fiasco. I can't believe that is Lily James as Pamela. The others don't interest me much but I could be wrong about them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see Pam & Tommy as I was in my teens when that scandal broke as I remembered that everyone I knew back in high school tried to log on to the Internet to watch that sex tape. Yeah, Barb Wire was and still is a terrible film. It's a poor rip-off of Casablanca and I'm sorry but Pam's not an actress.

    That shit in Euphoria. I hope someone beats the shit out of Nate once and for all. I hope it's Maddy and Cassie with Fezco and Lexi. Do a Lorena Bobbit on him!

    I did enjoy The Book of Boba Fett but it did become uneven towards the end as it felt like more a stop-gap release for The Mandalorian which I think was a total disservice to Boba Fett.

    I do want to see Peacekeeper as my mother is now thinking about just going all in on the streaming services as we're getting disenchanted with cable after our last cable bill. Ugh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that does not surprise me that your peers did that. I've actually never seen Barb Wire. I'm kind of interested more now after watching this.

      I got rid of cable this year too and so far I haven't missed it. (Though I'm sure I will when Baseball comes back...stupid MLB Network local blackouts) If you have a smart TV, there's a ton of free channels that come with it, so that's helped supplement the streaming.

      Delete
    2. Barb Wire is a film not meant to be taken seriously but the problem is that the film did try to take itself too seriously sometimes which is why it sucked.

      Delete
    3. Aww that's too bad. Especially seeing how excited she was for it. (in this series anyways)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum