Rambling TV: True Blood recap

It's True Blood's finale season. Interviews with the show runners state they wanted to make this season about their cast, and not introduce another character as a threat. I really like that gesture, but that's not the feeling I was getting last night. Let's hope it changes. True Blood is a show that started so strong and has been awful for the past 2 seasons. I hope this one can be better. As always, click those gifs to be redirected to their makers.



We start the season immediately where we left off last year. Sam and Bill are hosing a mixer at Merlotte's Bellefleur's for a humans to feed non hep V infected vampires, and for said vampires to protect them from the Hep V crazy vamps. Then they are attacked. Holly, Arlene, Sam's pregnant girlfriend who I still don't give a fuck about, and a few other familiar faces are carried off. Tara starts to fight a vampire that's trying to eat her mother. When we cut back to them, we see Lettie Mae covered in blood. Tara has been killed off screen.

I thought Tara should've died in the S4 finale, instead they turned her into a vampire and her character was completely insufferable after that. But killing her off screen? That's of cheap.

Some guy who's apparently named Vince, he lost to Sam in the mayor race sees him shift after all this. He starts taking groups of people out to look for the missing people on his own instead of waiting for the police. 

Sookie listens in on everyone at the bar. They're all blaming her and calling her a slut. Even Alcide thinks it's partially her fault. She walks off angerly and throws her phone when Alicide tries to call. Later, they fight about the fact that Sookie is cursed with hearing everyone's thoughts, then after that, they have make up sex. 

Speaking of sex, our other obligatory sex scene came from Jason. (Because of course it did) He's set out to try to find these Hep V vamp's nests, and he runs into that random Vince and his people instead, Violet tells them off (in what has to be some of the worst dialogue I ever heard) and Jason is mad about her taking a stand like that. He demands to be fucked right there on the side of the road. 

Jessica heads over to Andy and Adilynn's, she wants to protect her from all of this. The two bond over boyfriends through an open window until a Hep V Vamp shows up, and Jessica for some reason doesn't kill him, but has a stand off with him until nearly day break when Adilynn forces her to come in and hide. Jessica nearly bites her, but she controls herself. Andy is going to be pissed when he comes home and finds Jess in their house.


Speaking of Jess, her boyfriend last season? James? Yeah, he's been recast. NuJames isn't as hot, but he goes home with Lafayette to protect him, and they bond over weed, and James tells Lafayette how he was turned. I actually really liked this scenes, just because it was more Lafayette.


Pam is in Morocco playing Russian Roulette and telling people to go fuck themselves.  Turns out her purpose there is to gather information on Eric's whereabouts. Please bring him back soon.

Holly, Arlene and co are being held captive in Fangtasia's basement. The first thing that came to mind was how pissed Pam and Eric are going to be. That's there's damn it.

Bill and Andy go out to check another possible nest, and find dead human bodies. They also find this Vince asshole again, and while he encourages Andy to put down Bill, he refuses. 

The next day at church, Lettie Mae tells Sookie she isn't welcome there, causing Sookie to sweetly flip shit on the entire town. She says she knows they blame her, and she accepts some of that blame, but she loves them and she wants to help. I loved and hated this scene. I like that Sookie stood up for herself, but where the fuck were Jason and Sam when Lettie was saying that crap? Also WHY is this Sookie's fault? Because she slept with one vampire that everyone knows about? (I know she technically slept with two, but none of those people know about Eric) Blaming Sookie is stretching it in my opinion.

This was a very "meh" episode, but it set up the rest of the season well. I hope we get Eric soon, and I hope Sookie can actually take charge, she felt like mostly an afterthought here.



Comments

  1. I won't watch the show now maybe give it a shot some day, but my God I could only stand Pam, Eric and Lafayette for several seasons now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'll keep you updated. Lol

      Delete
    2. YES! That's my plan for now - read here about how much awful it can get ^^

      Delete
  2. Man, I'm glad I decided to not watch this shit. The last season was it for me. And I agree with you that Tara should've died a few seasons ago but no.... HBO and Alan Ball decided to be morons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It baffles me how Alan Ball let TB slip. He's such a talented writer, what happened?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that really why the James actor quit? I didn't know that!

      Lettie Mae is a shady bitch, I didn't think of her killing Tara before, but that actually makes sense. I thought it was a dick move to give a regular an off screen death, but if that's the reason why, then I'll understand.

      Aww, I love Eric! He's so gorgeous. I hated when they brought Nora in. I thought that ruined his and Pam's dynamic.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. I HATED Nora. Her character made no sense. She was obviously a last minute addition. If she was really so important to Eric and Godric, they would've mentioned her on the roof in season 2.

      Delete
  4. i actually liked the episode, but was sad about Tara. That was kind of cheap , her exit. And where is Eric?? I liked that the premiere went back to basics from the first season. It looks like a stripped down version, but there is the matter of the human/vampire companionship--that seems interesting and new. I wish Jason stood up for Sookie too! that was a low blow. It isn't all her fault, though I think the conservative crowd thinks that she somehow lured them here by being to "vampire-friendly." this is also reminiscent of the first episode of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It did remind me of the first season, and that's something I sorely miss about True Blood. I loved all the scenes at Merlotte's in season 1-3.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum