2019 Screen Actors Guild Winners


There wasn't even a televised red carpet for the SAG's tonight.I caught a stream on people.com and it was one of the most dreadfully boring things I've ever seen. I was hoping this wasn't a bad oman for how this show was going to go...but it was. Host Megan Mullaly took so many long pauses between everything she said it was so awkward. This show really doesn't need a host. I went  10/13 with my picks which was far better than the Globes. Here are the winners + some quick thoughts.

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
A Star Is Born
Black Panther
BlacKkKlansman
Bohemian Rhapsody
Crazy Rich Asians”
Thank God Black Panther won this. After that bullshit with Rami I was afraid for a bit. Chadwick gave a wonderful speech and I hope this wins Best Picture. 

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role
Christian Bale, “Vice”
Bradley Cooper, “A Star Is Born”
Rami Malek, “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Viggo Mortensen, “Green Book”
John David Washington, “BlacKkKlansman”
Give me a break. Over Bale? Over Cooper? I don't hate Rami. I love his work in Mr. Robot but he's been consistently rubbing me the wrong way in all of this interviews all season and he's now trying to play dumb over the Singer situation. On top of that, Bale and Cooper were just better. This is a disappointing win.

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Emily Blunt, “Mary Poppins Returns”
Glenn Close, “The Wife”
Olivia Colman, “The Favourite”
Lady Gaga, “A Star Is Born”
Melissa McCarthy, “Can You Ever Forgive Me?”
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz how is Colman not winning? I'm over career Oscars. Also fuck the person who shouted at Gary Oldman when he was announcing the winner. 


Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Mahershala Ali, “Green Book”
Timothee Chalamet, “Beautiful Boy”
Adam Driver, “BlacKkKlansman”
Sam Elliott, “A Star Is Born”
Richard E. Grant, “Can You Ever Forgive Me?”
Who will win: Mahershala Ali
I don't hate this win, but I would've preferred Driver. Ali is winning his second Oscar now. 

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Amy Adams, "Vice"
Emily Blunt, "A Quiet Place"
Margot Robbie, "Mary, Queen of Scots"
Emma Stone, "The Favourite"
Rachel Weiss, "The Favourite"
Is there some kind of industry rule where Amy Adams isn't allowed to win anything? Blunt was great in A Quiet Place so I think this is a fine win, but what is going on with Amy?

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
The Americans
Better Call Saul
The Handmaid’s Tale
Ozark
This Is Us
I guessed the Americans was going to win this but I should've known This Is Us is still going strong. As part of the Black Panther ensemble as well, Sterling K. Brown won twice tonight.

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
Jason Bateman, Ozark
Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
Joseph Fiennes, The Handmaid’s Tale
John Krasinki, Jack Ryan
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
I tried really hard to get into Ozark and I just couldn't. But Bateman was good in what I saw. 


Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Julia Garner, "Ozark"
Laura Linney, "Ozark"
Elisabeth Moss, "The Handmaid's Tale"
Sandra Oh, "Killing Eve"
Robin Wright, "House of Cards"
I had a feeling Oh would repeat her Globe win. Her speech was wonderful and so heartfelt. 

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
Atlanta
Barry
GLOW
The Kominsky Method
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Who will win: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
I really wish I could watch this show. I may have to try that free Prime trial.

Outstanding Performane by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Alan Arkin, “The Kominsky Method”
Michael Douglas, “The Kominsky Method”
Bill Hader, “Barry”
Tony Shalhoub, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
Henry Winkler, “Barry”
I guessed this right! *pats self on back*


Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
Alex Borstein, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
Alison Brie, “GLOW”
Rachel Brosnahan, “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”
Jane Fonda, “Grace and Frankie”
Lily Tomlin, “Grace and Frankie”


Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie
Antonio Banderas, “Genius: Picasso”
Darren Criss, “Assassination of Gianni Versace”
Hugh Grant, “A Very English Scandal”
Anthony Hopkins, “King Lear”
Bill Pullman, “The Sinner”
I just want to say one final time that Bill Pullman was awful in The Sinner.  

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie
Amy Adams, “Sharp Objects”
Patricia Arquette, “Escape at Dannemora”
Patricia Clarkson, “Sharp Objects”
Penelope Cruz, “Assassination of Gianni Versace”
Emma Stone, “Maniac”
UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Comments

  1. I just can't with this season. Malek winning and constantly mentioning Freddie as if he was a patron of this shit movie from Heavens is making me sick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and this is coming from someone who was actually a fan of Rami lol

      Delete
  2. I'm just happy that Black Panther won the ensemble prize. The rest in the film category, I'm just feeling.... "eh" on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I wish they had a chance at actually winning the Oscar. I would've been happy if BlackKlansman won too

      Delete
  3. I'm with you about the hosting. There really doesn't need to be one. I liked her opening dialogue, but the rest of the segments were just awkward. Great job with your predictions matching the winners!

    I screamed so hard when Black Panther won. One of my biggest fears for the Oscars is that they're going to win the technical awards, but their speeches will be made during the commercials aka not air at all.

    Totally with you on the guy who shouted to Gary Oldman. It was completely disrespectful.

    Amy's lack of wins is so sad...but I was howling for Emily. So excited for her to get anything this season. lol

    I personally love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but I also love the 1940s/1950s style. So I'm a little biased. Unfortunately, I know if it keeps winning people are eventually going to hate it if the backlash hasn't started already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had Amazon I'd definitely be watching it, it looks really good.

      I really hope the Oscars don't do that shit during commercials. They still have time not to.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaaa...I love your very last comment and so agree with you even though I have not seen her in it. I find her bor8ng as hell. I think Rumi is going to win all the way through because he wore ugly fake teeth and he is playing a dead gay guy who died of AIDS. Besides, the academy loves music biopics and this shows they are ..um...hip. I have to see The Wife and see if I think it is as boring as you say it is. This is interesting and will be indicative of what could happen at the Oscars. What the F*&$! Is with this holster get up that the one man from Black Panther was wearing? I don’t get it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get that fashion statement either, Timothee Chalamet wore one to the Globes too!

      You're right about Rami which is a damn shame when he's up against Bale and Cooper.

      The Wife is such a bore lol

      Delete
  5. I'm over career oscars too, especially when you think of the work Close was nominated for that she DIDN'T win. It's unbelievable. That being said, don't let her win for something mediocre in comparison to her body of work just bc she's due. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding, it screws over the actors who are bringing it *cough* Olivia Colman.

      Delete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Abrams Artist Agency

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum