10 Times Movies/TV Have Made Me Cry

*This is the 2nd entry in my 10 series. Click the label to see my previous post.*

Before I became a mother, I rarely cried in movies. Now I can pretty much cry at the drop of a hat if it has anything to do with children. It sucks. With the exception of number 4, I watched all of these before I became an emotional basket case.


10 Times Movies/TV Have Made Me Cry:

 


1) Sarah finds her dad at the end of A Little Princess.
I think it's a combination of the cheesy music playing, the pouring rain, and the fact that I would've totally lost my shit had I been in 10 year old Sarah's place.


2) "Nothing but death can keep me from here" - The Color Purple
When poor Nettie and Ceilie get torn apart by Mister, and Nettie screams back at him, THAT is power. I know I've talked about this scene on my blog before, but it really just gets me every time.

                                                                                       
3)All of Old Yeller
Seriously, fuck this movie. It's basically like "It really sucks to be this dog! His stupid owners can't look after their damn children so shit like bears, boars, and wolves show up and YOU are expected to protect them before YOU are their loyal dog." Oh by the way, they're going to shoot you afterwards.


4)Fantine dreamed a dream in Les Miserables
I was actually glad when Fantine finally died so I could stop crying every time she sang. You just can't help but feel bad for Fantine. Everything just fell apart.



5)Thomas Jay's funeral in My Girl
When Vada says he can't see without his glasses, I just lose it. I loved watching this movie as a kid. Vada and Thomas Jay were easily kids I could've known at that time, and being that young and dealing with death is hard.


6) Tommy Gavin's son gets hit by a drunk driver on Rescue Me
Strangely enough, I haven't actually cried watching TV shows. I've had just about every other reaction except tears, this being the only exception. I was way in to Rescue Me, and the look on Denis Leary's face when the doctors tell him his son is gone is absolutely heart breaking.



7) "Your baby loves you. I love you!"
This scene was in the trailer for Precious, but I was not expecting to be so moved by it during the film. This is a perfect example of how seeing something out of context will give you a different reaction.

                                                                                            
8) The end of Atonement
When I really found out what happened to Robbie and Cecilia, I just sat in my seat during the credits and cried. I was not expecting that. Devastating.


9) The UN forcing peacekeepers to leave in Hotel Rwanda.
Oh God, where do I even start with this scene? The rain? The nuns being torn away from the children? This entire movie was heart breaking and Don Cheadle was SO GOOD in it. Come to think of it, I think I cried during this entire movie.

                                                                             
10) When the kids are laughing at Robin Williams in Jack.
I actually can't stand this movie.  I was nine when it came out and I hated my mother for making me sit through it in theaters. It was just too much for me. I cried because I didn't like the fact that the kids were laughing at Jack when his desk broke because he was too big. I wouldn't have laughed at him. They were just so mean!

Comments

  1. When I saw the ending to Atonement I felt as if someone punched me in the face - literally the most cruel ending I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I loved A Little Princess as a kid. Yes, it's a beautiful movie which such a tear jerking ending...

    as well as The Color Purple, an amazing movie that defined alot of my childhood.

    Anne Hathaway, the best cinematic moment of 2012..

    Atonement was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see Old Yeller on there. I challenge anyone not to cry in that one.

    Not many movies make me cry, though. But my girlfriend will cry at just about anything (pretty sure she cried at least once during Wreck-It Ralph recently). So, I doubt I could even make a top 10 jist cause I dont have that many. I know, I'm a heartless bastard. An unusual one that really choked me up hard though: when Dreyfus dedicates that song to his deaf son at the end of Mr Holland's Opus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a list! And what a blog! All I can say...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy god, that scene in Rescue Me is fuh king devastating. Wow. And Andrea Roth's reaction to it really says everything you need to know about her character. So intense.

    That Precious moment gets me everytime as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated Janet so much! I was a little bummed that they got back together in the end.

      Delete
  6. As crushed as I was at the end of Atonement, it didn't make me cry like Les Miserables. The Impossible was even worse though. I was a wreck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum